New Playwright Submissions
Little Colonel Playhouse is pleased to announce the call for submissions from local Louisville playwrights for the 2017-2018 season.
Little Colonel Playhouse hereby seeks submissions from local Louisville playwrights to create an original full-length play written specifically for LCP. The play must be an unproduced work, which includes a staged reading format.
The playwright agrees to craft the play according to the following parameters set by LCP:
- The play is to be a full-length script of between 85 minutes and 120 minutes in suggested run time, not including intermissions.
- The play will contain no more than nine characters, unless any additional roles can be double-played by the cast.
- The play must be able to be staged within the current facilities of LCP.
- The play must be affordable to produce, and not contain any overly expensive sets, props, special effects, or action pieces.
- The play must be reasonably easy to cast, considering the talent available to LCP.
- The play must not contain nudity, or be excessively lewd or offensive, so as not to alienate LCP’s primary audience.
Other than the conditions specified above, LCP grants full creative freedom to the playwright in the crafting, subject and style of the play.
Submissions will be accepted from September 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. To be considered for the 2017-2018 season a PDF of the script must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within that time frame.
The Playwright grants LCP an unlimited number of shows within the 2017 -2018 season. No other theater group will be allowed to schedule, produce or promote the play in their theater for the 2017- 2018 season. LCP will be granted exclusive US rights to produce the show through May 31, 2018.
In either case, the playwright agrees to help promote the production, in order to enhance wider actor participation and greater ticket sales.
The original concept, writing, story lines, characters and dialogue created by the playwright, and all rights thereto, will remain the sole property of the playwright.